2) Dress Comfortably!!! Dressing comfortably can mean many things to many people. Some people are comfortable in jeans, others are comfortable with a dress or skirt. Nowadays you can be equally fashionable in either. Save your dress outfit for the night. I'm planning to pack comfy stylish outfits. It is always fun to see what people are wearing. This is a pretty fashionable crowd!
3) What to do at Market? Ok, since we have the fashions covered, let's talk about what you are really going to market to accomplish. Have you made your list? The first thing I do is plan what and for whom do I need to shop? I keep all my notes on my iPhone so I don't lose the list. Depending on what I'm looking for, I may or may not go a on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. Yes, the market opens officially on Saturday morning, Oct 14th but since I am local to High Point, I often go early to grab the best merchandise especially at the Antiques and Design Center or 214 Modern.
Once I arrive at High Point Market, I typically choose which buildings or districts I am visiting by days. These are the buildings you want to visit:
Interhall in IHFC, IHFC showrooms, The Hamilton Wrenn Design District, C&D Building, Showplace, Suites at Market Square, Market Square and 210 Elm. There are other great showrooms you may want to visit but the ones I listed are all downtown and on the bus system.
Speaking of the bus, let's talk transportation a minute. The buses will take you all over High Point. Just make sure you get on the Red line to go to any of the areas I mentioned above.
DOWNTOWN SHOWROOM SHUTTLE ROUTES
Hours of Operation
- Friday, October 13 — Tuesday, October 17, 7:30am – 8pm
- Wednesday, October 18, 7:30am - 6pm
- Commerce Avenue at Main Street
- Transportation Terminal on Commerce Ave.
- 200 North Hamilton Street
- PTI Airport – Lower Level
- Commerce Avenue at Elm Street
FREE Go-Anywhere Shuttles
Hours of Operation
- Friday, October 13 — Tuesday, October 17, 7:30am – 8:30pm
- Wednesday, October 18, 7:30am – 6pm
4) What Events to Attend During Market: High Point Market Events are the best! There are educational events as well as cocktail parties and book signings. Click Here to access the entire list of events! So what do I recommend as "Don't Miss" events? All the events are great but if you can get to the Designer Viewpoints Series, Keynotes, or Interior Design Summit series, those are the best for designers.
If you want to see what the Style Spotters are spotting at market make sure to follow them their instagram names are here or look for the hashtag #highpointmarket2017 If you are still around on Tuesday morning, don't miss their panel. The Style Spotters work hard to uncover the trends and hot items which they share during this panel. It is always so much fun!
The Designer Viewpoint Series and Interior Design Summit series are both a great way to get CEU's while at market and if you are ASID like me, that is a bonus. Click here to access Designer Viewpoint Series schedule! Click Here to Access Interior Design Summit schedule. Make sure you bring your ASID number with you to get our CEU registered!
Here is my list for October 2017!
Designer Viewpoint Series: (All are good but these are my top picks not to miss)
Margaret Russell - Saturday 12-1 High Point Theatre IHFC - Everytime I hear her speak I am so motivated to be a better designer.
Getting Your Stories Published with Madcap Gents, Stacy Kunstel and others - Monday 12-1 High Point Theatre.
How to Deliver Luxury Products in Under 90 Days - Denise McGaha Monday 2-3 Surya showroom. Denise is a pro on delivery and his built her business on this!
All Keynote speakers are fabulous! Go to all if you can! Click Here to see schedule
Dont Miss Keynote Series:
****Ashley & India Hicks - Sunday 2-3:30 High Point Theatre doors open at 1:30! Don't miss this!
Ok, So Now That We Have The Educational Aspect of Our Market Trip Planned what do we do for fun???? All work and no play makes Lisa a very boring girl!
You might catch me at the following if I don't talk too long at the prior event....
Friday Oct 13th:
Veranda by Fine Furniture Design Launch Party
5:30 305 S. Hamilton Strett Fine Furniture Showroom (Green Line Stop 13)
Style Spotters Reunion and Networking 6-8pm Pandora's Manor 407 W High Ave (Bustop 14 red/green line)
Saturday Oct 14th:
Libby Langdon for KAS - 4-6pm Sat. IHFC Green G270
Theodore Alexander celebrats Jamie Drake with a discussion with Tori Melliott 5-7 229 W Russel Avenue (bus stop 8 green) RSVP please email email@example.com
Sunday Oct 15th:
9am - 1 pm India Hicks at Dunes and Duchess - Dynamic Women in Design Suites at Market Square, Ground Salon G-7010 (Bus stop 14 (red/green line)
11-2pm Brunch with Barry Dixon
2pm - Book Signing with Meg Braff Bunny Williams Home IHFC Commerce, Floor 1 IHFC IH104
2-3 Stories Behind The Designs Suites at Market Square SAMS 1-1014 bustop 14 (red/green)
2:30-5pm Louise Gaskill Lighting - Sip n' See Louise's new introduction of custom lighting 60 new pieces of hand gilt chandeliers and lamps with vintage murano glass. M4001 Suites at Market Square! Bus Stop 14 (red/green line)
3- 4:30pm Trending Interior Design with Jill Waage with Barry Dixon and Lynn Lawsom and trend forecaster Jaye Anna Universal 101 S Hamilton St 15 (red line)
7:30 - 11pm S.I.A. Karaoke at French Heritage 1638 English Rd.(Main) Ron Woodson & Jamie Rummerfield are singing their way to the French Heritage showroom for the Save Iconic Architecture Karaoke Party. $65 ticket price will include dinner and drinks. Proceeds to to S.I.A. to help the mission of championing to fight to preserve significant architecture.
Busstop 0 (Go anywhere shuttle or uber):
Here is the link: Click Here
2) Scroll to Lisa Mende Design
3) To vote click "Like"
4) If you have voted before, make sure it doesn't take a vote away or if it does re-like and change browsers
5) Can vote on iPad, phone, a computer anywhere you want.
6) Ask a friend(s) to vote!
7) Thank you so much!!!! Contest ends tomorrow at 5pm!